Saturday, October 25, 2008

Operation UNLOCK & UPGRADE My Huawei E220 3G Modem

Ok, a big project.
Operation to unlock and upgrade the Huawei E220.
If you got a 3G modem directly from MAXIS or CELCOM, you are probably got a LOCKED 3G modem, which means that the particular 3G modem has been locked and to work with only that operator (MAXIS / CELCOM / DIGI / U Mobile). For my case, I've got a MAXIS-Huawei E220 which only works with MAXIS simcard, 3G services only. If you insert a CELCOM or other operators' simcard....it won't work, it is locked!
So, I'm going to unlock it and....then I will have the choice to go for which operator (MAXIS / CELCOM / DIGI / U Mobile) I want....decide later.

So, I am going to UNLOCK it in a DIY way.
First, some reseach on the web....let's google "unlock Huawei E220".
Well, I've got what I'm looking for...so let's start.

Upgrading the firmware will be able the 3G modem to be 7.2Mbps capable, originally is 3.6Mbps. But, the speed is still very much depends on the Service Providers - currently the fastest is only up to 3.6Mbps (at best effort rate)
Who knows, maybe in near future they will upgrade the service to 7.2Mbps....
Now, you see my original Huawei E220 3G modem runs at 3.6Mbps.

And now 7.2Mbps.....just upgraded the firmware to the latest version (in less than 10 minutes).

These are the tools to UNLOCK the 3G modem, alot of programmes and alot of procedures.
You need to be able to find the unlock CODE (serve as a key to unlock) from a table which content full page of numbers & words, then write down the CODE...open another programme and key in the CODE to unlock the unit...like keying in a password.

Done....easy.
Of coz', I have a sifu....I want to thank & acknowledge this person.

7 comments:

rainbow angeles said...

wah.. keng leh you... :p

IguanaKia said...

Hehehe...no lah.
Nothing to do, so find somthing to do loh...

Annoymous said...

can u like help me on the efs file? email me at bryant__601@hotmail.com.. thanks!!!

AllBisnez said...

Sir,
Can u tell me the software needed and the password..
i have maxis locked modem also..
i need your help
email me at logezzz_2005@yahoo.com

thanks

sincerely,
loges

IguanaKia said...

logeswaran & Bryan - U got mail!

boyet said...

i will be moving to KL in feb 2009.

could u pls tell me what the software is?

boyet.lorenzo@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Sir,

i have follow your the instruction on the net. but can find the code "53 64" can you lighten me up or email me the unlock code @ fulat@hotmail.com?

thank you

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
An IguanaKia living in the city named Kuching

Followers

 
Powered by GOOGLE. Maintained by IguanaKia!