Sunday, December 30, 2007

Rex Cafe


GOOGLE MAP LINK

In Kuching, if you asked people about “REX”, mostly you would get answers like these,

a.) Kuching used to have cinema called “REX”, it was about 20 years ago.

b.) Rex’s Café, the best deep-fried prawn cake in town

I went to the REX Café at the Satok / Palm Road area the other day. Of course, to have some of the best deep-fried prawn cake lah. I think the current Rex Café is the 3rd place the owner has move to, I can’t remember anymore. But one thing I still can remember is that the very first time I had their prawn cake was 20 years ago!!!….Up until now, still the best. No matter how many times the owner has moved, the customers follow.

Alright, let me introduce you some of their drinks.

Special ABC - Something like Ice-Kacang. But instead of kacang, you get a mixture of fruits such as papaya, sago, pineapple, sea coconut, watermelon & etc.

3 Sour – A very tasty drink which mix sour plum, lime, lemon and salt & sugar into the drink. ( 4 sour drink is also available)


I ordered a Penang Belachan Beehun for myself, I never try a Penang style one before (I believes the stall selling it is also newly just in business, because I didn’t see it the last time I visited there..) Hmmm….good, a little bit different taste from the local Kuching style. But overall, still a nice food.


Lastly (I’ve saved the best for the last), I would like to introduce you the deep-fried prawn cake, the ‘brand’ of the shop! The prawn cake is very crispy and has a very nice taste, no kidding….I like it! If you look closer in the photo, you can see the whole prawn on cake, that’s what I call QUALITY FOOD. Besides prawn cake, others are also available like fish ball, chicken-butt, ‘ubi’ (or Sweet Kumara), Tou-Fu, squid and special fish cake (all in deep-fried mode).



Make yourself to be at Rex Café and taste out the best deep-fried prawn cake & others good food there in Kuching.

2 comments:

rainbow angeles said...

Eh?? I'm fr penang but i've never heard of penang belacan bee hoon! tipu! tipu!! :P

i tried the 3 sour the last time... veli sour... what's the 4th sour ah? add wat summore? vinegar?? :P

happiest new year, iguanakia!!

IguanaKia said...

mm...the signboard says like this leh.."Penang Belacan Bee Hun" leh..
Maybe is their secret recipe...hahaha..

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
An IguanaKia living in the city named Kuching

Followers

 
Powered by GOOGLE. Maintained by IguanaKia!